Thursday 13 February 2014

New killer rarity 7' in

Hello all,

I've been quite busy (new work) so it took me some time to post a new sound.

So here is a nice, and quite rare 7', straight from yard.

It's form a singer called Derrick Screechie (different to Delton Screechy, better known artist of the early 80's) and it's titled Black Romeo (you'll find the A side and the dub on the zip file linked).

The dub is a killer one by scientist, which seems to have been massively played by Shaka back in the days (not the A side, which beeing a lovers lyrics song not suited the mystic message of Shaka).

As featured on labels below, there have been pressings under a wrong label (the one I got is an example...)





http://www.mediafire.com/download/ond4hjcho40a4qw/Derrick_Screechie_-_Blaclk_Romeo.zip

Love the militant drumming on this one.

Only one other 7' on the Al Jr. label by this artist as far as I know, if someone has more info, you're more than welcome to share it with us in comments.

Well, that will be all for tonight I guess, I'm gonna finish my glass of Caroni 20 years old (black currant, vanilla and some tar = massive Trinidad rum!) and have some rest.

Peace to all and see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment