Tuesday 18 February 2014

Satisfaction

Hello fellow music lovers,

Tonight feature is a quite rare and (in my humble opinion) enjoyable dub LP.
I am not usually fond of dub albums but this one, apart of the super cool silk screened sleeve, has something special to my ears.

The Revolutionaries rythmns choice is baaaaad, and the Ossie Hibert dub treatment is full of finesse.
The copy I hold is on the Flames label, but I know there is an eponym LP on Live and Learn with another track listing and sleeve design (way less exciting).

I found a topic on Blood and Fire website stating it's the same album :
satisfaction in dub is a ossie hibbert/winston jones produced lp (on flames and on live & love and on 3rd world labels) although with different titles and includes dub versions to Whip them dennis brown/ see that rastaman jnr ross/ jah man f mckay/ judgement time-jnr ross "



Hope you like the set as much as I do and, once again, feel free to comment so I don't think I'm all alone here ;-)

Peace,

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment