Tuesday 15 November 2016

Some latin scorcher LP, boogaloo baby!

Hello people,

As promised here comes a quick update.
Winter is coming to the northern hemisphere so I'm letting go a bit of the Rhum and welcome single malt scotch whisky again.
I've poured myself a nice dram of 12 years old single cask Bruichladich, bottled at cask strenght and, to match the fire of that nectar (59.8%vol!), here comes a nice and rare "wanted" LP from the Boogaloo era in Nueva York.
I wont go through extensive remarks about the tunes or the artist (I kinda like the introduction you'll find on back cover, hoping you can read it.
Enough to saythat this LP is almost known for the stomper boogaloo piece (I'll be a)Happy man which is a dancefloor filler for sure.
My preference goes to the more salsa driven Rumba con guaguanco on B-side, which has a bluesy feeling I like (with the call and response sung parts).
The Pussycat tune is...well, it's a pussycat tune, ah, ah! Plenty double meaning lyrics that keeps it from plain slackness. Humour below the waist!

Hope you'll dig this, follow the bleu link below the labels to DL the whole LP.

Peace to earth and more vibes to come soon,
Ben




http://www.mediafire.com/file/k9sxep6k36jdkt4/The_latin_blues_band_feat._Luis_Aviles_-_Take_a_trip_pussycat.zip

No comments:

Post a Comment