Thursday 10 November 2016

Back in function!

Hello people,

I experienced a laptop failure so have been unable to post here for a while.
It seems that things are all right now, even if I had to change the softwares used to digitalize my records. For that reason, I do not know how to cut the tunes and so you may find some crakling empy noise before and after the music, sorry for that...

So today features are two of the latest records to land in the boxes, 7 inches that you don't see every day (my FB friends had a glimpse at those two though).

First is a digi tune from the 90's I suppose. Not something I use to listen to ordinary but I got stuck to the riddim and the energy of the song.
According to discogs (https://www.discogs.com/artist/1472317-Michael-Black-4), there are quite a few outputs from that singer from the late 70's untill nowadays, but none had crossed my radar untill this one.
I kinda like the straight forward lyrics "Babylon a burn, wicked man a burn!"
Here you will find both sides of that 7" with the energetic version, please play it with bass and volume turned up!

Share Michael Black - Jah Jah - Rockers Master Production 7.zip - 17 MB

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z35spmacjrwe0bn/Michael_Black_-_Jah_Jah_-_Rockers_Master_Production_7.zip

Second tune featured tonight is the total opposite mood, prototype of meditative vibes!
The label is a beauty and had been the home of all the outputs of that singer it seems : Breathren of art ( https://www.discogs.com/artist/3014578-Nedley-Seymour).
The tune is made of kinda nyabinghy drumming, organ, some bass and elusive guitar.
Topped by Nedley seymour vocals, chanting Babylon down : 
" Say the sun shines the day I say
While the moon shines at night
And the rain gather itself on the hills
That's where my (natures?) are
And I see everything that is going on
I see Babylon you must go down
I say no matter what they may try hard
'Say Babylon you must go down
As deep as the bottomless pit may be
I say Babylon you must go down
For you trouble Jah Jah children..."

B-side is featured here but it's a more common track. It seems that a version exists on some blank issues of the tune and even as B-side on some rare copies...


 http://www.mediafire.com/file/ardkk8dcpafxvia/Nedley_-_Babylon_must_go_down_-_Breathren_of_art_7.zip

OK, this will be all for tonight but make sure to check again soon as I have plenty tunes to post to make things right after that long absence!
Peace to one and all,
Ben 

3 comments:

  1. Blessings for all the wicked tunes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome mate, thanks for leaving a word. Guidance!

      Delete
  2. Yes, thank you. This Nedley track is really a gem, especially the A side. Great post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete