Monday 3 August 2015

Going home

Hello people,

Long time since my last post, sorry for that.
Summer is here and I spend lots of time in my garden, taking care of all greens and fruits...fresh vegetables is such a blessing!
But I have not forgotten you all and here is a proof with this super nice rare 10'' that should have been reissued long ago.

The artist, Tony Clark (or Clarke) has not done any other song it seems and no information is to be found on the internet.
Ultrasonic was a NY based label and noticeable output from them also includes Cornell Campbell's "African Woman" 7'' which I will share later on.
The label says "Produced by Lizzy and Val, made in Jamaica, distributed by Ultrasonic Recs & Tapes, Bklyn, NY"

Tonight feature presents in the form of a dark piece of roots with beautiful horns arrangements, sharp guitar line and piano ornaments and repatriation topic lyrics.
It goes like this :

I'm going away, I'm going home
No matter what the people say
I man will never go a stray
I give thanks and prais to the most high, Selassie I
So long rastaman so long
I a I leave Babylon
We got to be free from captivity
oh natty natty
Keep Jah light shining
Cause soon we'll be go away
Far far away to Zion
Oh let Jah Jah know now...

It comes in all its 10'' glory with extended haunting dub.
This is a very enjoyable roots piece and collectors choice indeed.




Click on the blue link below the label image to DL and enjoy this pretty piece of reggae.

See you soon I hope,

Peace and more peace to this troubled earth,

Ben

2 comments:

  1. beautiful tune, many thanks for sharing. My favorite tune that you've posted since the Junior West track, which i also love. Hope the garden is bearing fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello David,
      Thank you for the comment!
      By your favorites I can tell you're a man of taste ;-)
      The garden is bearing fruits, and roots and sprouts, the season is great.
      I am glad to get some feedback, so will be posting more soon now, there's plenty new tunes in my boxes to share.
      Peace,
      Ben

      Delete