Tuesday 14 June 2016

Killer double sider 12"

Hello people,

I just returned from a crazy saturday session in Meaux, the Forward the roots event hosted by the great Theo Delpiroux. Mad, mad vibes with Jeremie Younes (Killers without fillers), Jaman (Roots from one tree) and a tune fe tune round by no other than Noah Adowa Hi Fi and Jacopo Rootikalist. All these fine gentlemen literally mashed up the massive by throwing mad tunes after mad tunes after mad tunes...
This kinda dance just made me remember how good and how pleasant it is to listen to great reggae music on a fine sound surrounded by smiling faces enjoying the ride. So big up once again to all those involved, hope to see you soon!

Well, to humbly add a few vibes here is one of the latest 12" discomix to join my boxes. Quite a rare piece and one that is blessed by two superb sides.
This one came on a British label and features the great vocalist Rudolph Francis on both sides. 
First side is a fine rockers, over great riddim, with conscious lyrics that melts into extended version with fine guitar ornaments, a winner all the way.
But B-Side takes advantage of a superb stepper riddim and even better lyrics in my opinion, with the singer paying tribute to all the ghetto pickney that grew up without parents : "Motherless children have a hard time, ooh can't you see, motherless children have a hard time, that's why we are running wild", sufferer style!
This side blends into a DJ version remembering each and everyone what we owe to our parents : "me say me have fe love fe me mutha and me fatha...they teach me fe live and they teach me fe love". The DJ had more chance than the singer!
Really I don't get tired of this one and hope you dig it too.

Follow the link below the labels and enjoy,

Peace

Ben

 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3yug5xmw59uyzbb/Rudolph_Francis_-_Time_to_realise_-_KIM_label_12.zip

3 comments:

  1. Did you rip this from th evinyl yourself ? I ask becaus ei have this vinyl and teh B side at 1:12 has the same judder on it, but i hav enot heard any other copy with it on. other than the audio you uploaded. I believed my vinyl to be damaged

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, yes the recording is from my personal copy. I had a few feedbacks from other collectors having the exact same "default" on their copies (but not all copies). Strange indeed...

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the reply, Strange indeed ,it is a killer tune nonetheless. Bless up

      Delete