Monday 23 June 2014

Junior West - Splash it out

Hello people,

I am still alive on the web and so here is a rare one for this summer to be played loud!
This is sound system material, with an harder than rock dub on B side.
This 7' comes on the Production label (on which you will also find the very enjoyable Junior Brown- Crying in your grave).

The title is misspelled, of course it is "splash it out".
The topic of the tune is to pay credit to all the sound system stars, both singers, deejays and producers, of the era (early eighties), that allow the singer to have  hell of a party every day of the week. You will ear him mention the names of Yellowman, Brigadier Jerry, Jack Ruby, Stereophonics, Lone ranger, Massive dread, Toyan, Ringo...

Conclusion : "that music got soul, yes I've got to move my feet, yes I have to hold that girl"

B-side...well, it's one of the hardest dubs ever in my opinion, sooooooo heavy stuff!

It's a pity the sound is not brilliant, but it's the better copy I could get in a 3 years search...
Any reissue label willing to do serious work : make this one available in a good shape to all reggae fans.
If I have courage and it's still not done, I may do it myself someday (if you know the artsist or producer,  please share some info).

As always, click on the blue link under the labels to get to mediafire and then hit the "download" button.

Peace to y'all, more to follow soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment